Friday, July 5, 2013

Another Mostly Good Day

I had another mostly good day today.  It was because of Zomig, but still, I need to celebrate the good days, no matter what the cause.  I even was able to watch fireworks, which I thought would never happen again.  Sure, by the end of them I was hurting, but I enjoyed at least half the show.

The day didn't start well.  I have to judge carefully how I use the Zomig because I can only use two per day and they've only been lasting about four hours per pill.  Today was an important day, you see.  Not only was it the Fourth of July, but it was the day my husband and I had promised to take my now 10-year-old niece, E,  out for her annual birthday shopping trip and dinner.  We do this with each of her older brothers on their birthdays too.  It's our chance to spend some special time with each of them and hopefully let them know they are special to us.  

So we promised her we'd take her out today and take her to see fireworks tonight. Now, I was quite concerned about the fireworks watching.  Bright lights, flashing lights, loud noises, and migraines just don't go together.  But we promised E.  I didn't want to disappoint her.  So as I said the day started off bad.  I had my usual migraine in the morning, and knew I had to get ready to pick her up around 2:00 p.m.  So I took my Zomig around 1:30, having no idea if that was too late, if my migraine was too advanced to let my stomach metabolize the medication, or if it would work as it was supposed to.  Luckily, within about 20 minutes, I began feeling a little better.  In about 30 minutes, sure enough, I felt good enough to get out of bed and begin the process of getting ready.

So a few hours later, we were on our way.  We did a lot of shopping.  What can I say, the girl takes after her mom and her aunt.  She knows how to shop.  Then, she requested IHOP, because she likes their Mac and Cheese, of all things.  After that, I was onto my second Zomig, and we were off to the fireworks show.

We had to wait quite awhile for it to get dark and for the show to start.  I thankfully remembered to bring earplugs, so the sound of the fireworks wasn't too awfully bad.  I enjoyed the first part of the show, then all of a sudden, what had been the enjoyable lights of the fireworks seemed to brighten to an unbearable glow.  Just like that.  I asked my husband if the lights seemed brighter to him, because I thought it couldn't just be me, but of course, I knew better.   I knew my evil superpowers were returning and my vision was just sharpening as it does when a migraine is hitting.  So, I began the day and ended the day with a migraine.  Unfortunately, my day wasn't over yet.

We still had to drive an hour home, and E decided she wasn't done shopping.  Besides that, we needed to buy her something for breakfast and some snacks, so we had to run to Wal-mart.  Luckily, my head wasn't at full steam yet.  We make it home, and I begin the melt down.  The problem is, I'm trying a new night med, and it's not working well so I can't sleep.  So this blog is being written with a migraine, not a level 9 or 10 at least, at 1:30 a.m.

As I said, I need to celebrate mostly good days.  I just wish I didn't have to end them by talking about the migraine I go to bed with.  Someday....

No comments:

Post a Comment